The responsibilities of the Director General, Deputy Director, 4 Senior Executive Officers, and 9 Sections of the Department of Commerce of the Ministry of Economic Affairs are described as follows:
Section 1 Company Registration:
- Domestic and foreign company registration.
- Photocopy and transcription of company registration documents.
- Issuance of company registration certificate.
- Issuance of company English certificate.
- Issuance of service provider certificate.
- Interpretations of the laws and regulations for companies/businesses/limited partnerships name reservation and business scopes.
- Addition (revision) and announcement of List of Codes of Business Items of Companies, businesses, and Limited Partnerships.
Section 2 Business Entity Accounting:
- Revision and Interpretation of the Business Entity Accounting Act.
- Verification of company dissolution.
- Anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism for jewelry retail businesses.
- Formulation (Revision) of the criteria of classification of commercial groups.
Section 3 Commerce Administration:
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Electronic Game Arcade Business Regulation Act as well as the relevant regulations; and review operation of electronic game arcade.
- Management of special purpose businesses such as ballroom and computer recreational activities, etc.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Commodity Labeling Act and the Labeling Criteria for specific products.
- Responsible for the standard contracts under the jurisdiction of the Department of Commerce and relevant consumer protection services of this Ministry.
Section 4 Commercial Administration Information:
- Development and operation of the Governmental Commerce Administration Information System.
- Operation of the MOEA Certificate Authority and issuing of MOEACA.
Section 5 Business Legislation:
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Business Registration Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Company Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Business Mergers and Acquisitions Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Limited Partnership Act.
Section 6 E-commerce, Smart Business and Logistics:
- Facilitating the development of domestic and cross-border E-commerce sectors.
- Promoting internationalization and innovation of logistics service.
- Promoting high-quality smart business services.
Section 7 Innovation & Food and Beverage Service:
- Facilitating the development of the food and beverage service industry in Taiwan.
- Promoting innovation and research & development of the service industry.
- Responsible for assisting with century-old and sixty-year-old stores.
Section 8 Living Service:
- Upgrading the life service industry and the franchise industry.
- Recommending industrial and commercial mixed-use zone applications to stimulate business environments.
- Promoting the internationalization of the commercial design industry and the advertising services industry.
- Processing preferential loans for distribution services and food services industries.
Section 9 Policy and Strategic Planning:
- Planning and implementing commercial policy of the Department.
- Planning and managing the personnel, training, and organization of the Department.
- Budget provisions as well as review of annual budget and final accounts.
- Receiving, sending, expediting, and filing official documents; control and evaluation of individual projects.
- Approval, change, and annual inspection of economic foundations governed by this Ministry.
- General services (responsible for congressional liaison, press, public opinion, and public services.)