The responsibilities of the Director General, Deputy Director, Economic Deputy Counselor, 5 Senior Executive Officers, and 9 Sections of the Department of Commerce of the Ministry of Economic Affairs are described as follows:
Section 1:Company Registration
- Domestic and foreign company registration.
- Photocopy and transcription of company registration documents.
- Issuance of company registration certificate.
- Issuance of company English certificate.
- Issuance of service provider certificate.
- Interpretations of the laws and regulations for companies/businesses/limited partnerships name reservation and business scopes.
- Addition (revision) and announcement of List of Codes of Business Items of Companies, businesses, and Limited Partnerships.
Section 2:Business Entity Accounting
- Revision and Interpretation of the Business Entity Accounting Act.
- Verification of company dissolution.
- Anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism for jewelry retail businesses.
- Formulation (Revision) of the criteria of classification of commercial groups.
Section 3:Commerce Administration
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Electronic Game Arcade Business Regulation Act as well as the relevant regulations; and review operation of electronic game arcade.
- Management of special purpose businesses.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Commodity Labeling Act and the Labeling Criteria for specific products.
- Responsible for the standard contracts under the jurisdiction of the Department of Commerce and relevant consumer protection services of this Ministry.
Section 4:Governmental Commerce Administration Information Service
- Development and operation of the Governmental Commerce Administration Information System.
- Operation of the MOEA Certificate Authority and issuing of MOEACA ID Card.
Section 5:Business Legislation
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Business Registration Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Company Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Business Mergers and Acquisitions Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Limited Partnership Act.
Section 6:Smart Business and Logistics
- Promoting internationalization and innovation of logistics service.
- Promoting the development of Business Intelligence.
Section 7:Innovation & Food and Beverage Service
- Facilitating the development of the food and beverage service industry in Taiwan.
- Promoting innovation and research & development of the service industry.
- Responsible for revitalizational of old shops.
Section 8:Living Service
- Upgrading the life service industry.
- Enhancing the operation efficiency of franchise industry.
- Recommending industrial and commercial mixed-use zone applications to stimulate business environments.
- Promoting the internationalization of the commercial design industry and the advertising services industry.
Section 9:Policy and Strategic Planning
- Commercial development policy planning and implementing.
- Planning and managing the personnel, training, and organization of the Department.
- Budget provisions as well as review of annual budget and final accounts.
- Receiving, sending, expediting, and filing official documents; control and evaluation of individual projects.
- Approval, change, and annual inspection of economic foundations governed by this Ministry.
- General affairs (responsible for congressional liaison, press, public opinion, and public services.)