The responsibilities of the Director General, Deputy Director, 4 Senior Executive Officers, and 9 Sections of the Department of Commerce of the Ministry of Economic Affairs are described as follows:
Section 1 Company Registration:
- Domestic company registration.
- Photocopy and transcription of company registration documents.
- Issue company registration certificate.
- Issue English certificate.
- Issue service provider certificate.
- Interpretations for cases of questionable name and business scopes for companies, businesses, or limited partnerships; and proposal of the laws and regulations.
- Addition (revision) and announcement of List of Codes of Business Items of Companies, Firms, and Limited Partnerships.
Section 2 Business Entity Accounting:
- Revision and Interpretation of the Business Entity Accounting Act.
- Verification of company dissolution.
- Anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism for jewelry retail businesses.
- Formulation (Revision) of the criteria of classification of commercial groups.
Section 3 Commerce Administration:
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of Electronic Game Arcade Business Regulation Act as well as the relevant regulations; and electronic game console review operation.
- Management of special purpose businesses such as ballroom and computer recreational activities, etc.
- Proposal, interpretation, and consultation of the Commodity Labeling Act and the Labeling Criteria for specific products.
- Responsible for the standard contracts under the jurisdiction of the Department of Commerce and relevant consumer protection services of this Ministry.
Section 4 Commercial Administration Information:
- Development, construction, and maintenance of the national administrative information system.
- Construct, maintain, and operate the Certificate Authority; and issue industrial and commercial certificates.
Section 5 Business Legislation:
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Business Registration Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Company Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Business Mergers and Acquisitions Act.
- Deliberation, amendment, and interpretation of the Limited Partnership Act.
Section 6 E-commerce, Smart Business and Logistics:
- Facilitate the development of domestic and cross-border e-commerce.
- Promote high quality smart business services.
- Promote international and technological development in logistics.
Section 7 Innovation & Catering:
- Facilitate the development of the food and beverage industry in Taiwan.
- Promote innovation and research & development of the service industry.
- Responsible for assisting with century-old and sixty-year-old stores.
Section 8 Living Service:
- Upgrade the life service industry and the franchise industry.
- Recommend mixed industrial and commercial district applications to stimulate business environments.
- Promote the internationalization of the commercial design industry and the advertising services industry.
- Process preferential loans for distribution services and food and beverage services.
Section 9 Policy and Strategic Planning:
- Planning and promoting commercial policy.
- Planning and promotion of personnel, training, and organization.
- Budget provisions as well as accounts audit and control.
- Official documents receiving, sending, auditing, filing and supervision of related operations.
- Approval, change, and annual audit of institutions engaged in economic activities.
- General services (responsible for parliamentarian liaison, press, public opinion, and public services.)