Law Name：Labeling Criteria for Low Energy Air Guns for Recreation
As promulgated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs pursuant to the public notice of August 29, 2017 (Ref. No. Chin Shan 10602418810)
1. These criteria are enacted pursuant to Article 11 of Commodity Labeling Act for the purposes of setting up correct and proper labeling for low energy air guns for recreation, safeguarding goodwill of business operators and protecting the rights and interests of consumers.
2. The term "low energy air gun for recreation" as used in these criteria shall mean a commodity for recreation purposes in the form of a gun with kinetic energy at its discharging end greater than 0.08 Joule but no more than 3 Joules while the kinetic energy is produced by compressed gases, mechanical springs, batteries, or a combination thereof to propel the projectile.
The low energy air guns for recreation referred to in the preceding paragraph do not include the firearms, as are used in the Act Governing the Control Over Guns, Ammunition, Knives and Weapons.
3. The following shall be labeled on low energy air guns:
(1) The name or model No. of the product
(2) The diameter of the projectile (in millimeters, mm)
(3) The kinetic energy at its discharging end (in Joules, J)
(4) The firing range (in meters, M)
(5) The place of origin
(6) The name, address and telephone number of the manufacturer or the outsourcing firm. If the product is imported, the name, address and telephone number of the importer.
(7) Instructions for use or precautions.
(8) Warning instructions.
4. The Warning Instructions in Subparagraph 8 of the preceding Article shall include the word "Warning" and the following:
(1) Suitable player’s age by kinetic energy at the discharging end:
1. Kinetic energy at the discharging end exceeds 0.08 Joule but not reaching 1 Joule: No less than 14 years of age.
2. Kinetic energy at the discharging end ranging from 1 Joule to less than 2 Joules: No less than 16 years of age.
3. Kinetic energy at the discharging end ranging between 2 Joules and 3 Joules: No less than 18 years of age.
(2) Misuse may cause severe injuries. When in use, ensure that goggles have been worn properly by the player and all other persons inside the firing range.
(3) The product shall not be remodeled or altered for use and metallic projectiles shall not be used.
(4) Read the instructions carefully prior to use.
5. The following shall be marked on the product neatly and clearly in a firm and fixed manner:
(1) The particulars which must be contained in the labeling as prescribed in Subparagraph 1 through Subparagraph 3 in Article 3.
(2) The suitable player’s age as prescribed in Subparagraph 1 in the preceding Article.
Other particulars which must be contained in the labeling as prescribed in Article 3 other than Subparagraph 1 through Subparagraph 3 shall be labeled in the product, interior and exterior packaging or user’s manual.
Warning instructions prescribed in the preceding Article shall be legible and the color of characters shall be different from the ground. The font size of "Warning" shall be greater than 5 mm both in length and width.
6. These criteria become effective one year from the date of announcement.